We have the best interns at Flat World, yeah we do. So it’s always a little bittersweet when they “graduate.” Happy for them. Sad for us.
So as we bid adieu to the Dan-tern (the temporary name upgrade we bestow on all of our beloved FWK interns,) we share with you a bit about him, in his own words.
- My name is: Dan Giambrone.
- I just graduated from: Irvington High School
- I expected this internship to be: Making copies all day.
- This internship ended up being: Not that. I found myself learning the inner workings of a growing company.
- I was most surprised to learn: How many people are involved in taking a college textbook all the way from an idea to a product. I was shocked.
- My favorite project involved: Being around the design team. I loved it, even though I usually understood very little of their technical jargon. They also have a couch so that was a big plus.
- What I would tell college students about this publishing company: Flat World Knowledge gives students the opportunity to go beyond a traditional textbook. The different formats that are offered allow the student to make their textbook work for them.
- The person who taught me the most while I was here: Manager of Product Delivery, Jenn Yee. She helped schedule my day and kept me busy.
- Most underrated snack food: Marshmallows covered in peanut butter. A personal favorite.
- Giants or Jets? I am a huge Giants fan, but I can’t wait for the Jets to guarantee a super bowl win this year.
- From here I’m going: To work as a counselor over the summer, and then it’s off to SUNY Binghamton in August! My plan is to major in economics, but we’ll see.
- Something about me that might surprise you: This isn’t exactly a personal accomplishment but my adopted cousin is Mamadou Ndiaye, the tallest high school basketball player in the world.
Best of luck with your college adventures ahead, Dan-tern! Thank you for helping us out at Flat World.